If you’re looking for the best local restaurants in Logan, Utah, you won’t be disappointed. Logan is a hip college town with tons of great places to dine.
From upscale Indian food to casual American fare, I think you’ll find something to satisfy your taste buds.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
26 Best local restaurants In Logan, Utah
(In no particular order)
1 – Herm’s Inn
You’ll love the American comfort food at Herm’s Inn, which has an outdoor eating patio and fireplace with amazing views of the mountains. It’s one of the best places to get breakfast and lunch in Logan, and it’s open on Sunday.
Herm’s Inn was just featured on Diner’s, Drive-Ins & Dives, so you know it must be good.
Menu items to try:
- Stuffed French Toast – strawberry cream cheese, fresh strawberries, and lemon butter
- Cinnamon Swirl Pancakes – recommended by Guy Fieri
- Meat Lovers Skillet – ham, bacon, sausage, and cheddar
- Cuban Sandwich – pulled pork, smoked ham, pickles, and sriracha mayo
Herm’s Inn (Only open for breakfast and lunch.)
1435 Canyon Rd. Logan, UT 84321
2 – Stacked Pancakes
My son, currently at USU, loves Stacked Pancakes because the pancakes are fluffy, and the creative toppings are scrumptious.
You can order sweet or savory pancakes like:
- Lemon Poppyseed
- Banana Cream Pie
- Ham, Egg, and Cheese
- Turkey Pesto
Or, just select your favorite toppings like blueberry, bananas, butterscotch spread, and Nutella.
Gluten-free, dairy-free, and vegan options are available.
31 Main St. Logan, UT 84321
3 – Le Nonne
Le Nonne is a fine dining restaurant that features authentic Tuscan cuisine. The chef comes from the northern coast of Italy, where his mother and grandmother taught him Italian cooking.
This restaurant is known as one of the best spots in the valley to go for an upscale, romantic Italian meal. It’s my sister-in-law’s favorite restaurant, so I asked her what her favorite dishes on the menu are.
Here you go: (Thanks JoAnn!)
- Ravioli Di Granchio – crab-stuffed ravioli
- Patate Di Dolce – sweet potato stuffed ravioli
- Salmon Filet – only served Friday & Saturday night
- Tiramisu – layered Italian dessert
All meals come with house-made bread and a fantastic tapenade.
Every Friday night, you can enjoy live jazz music featuring Mike Christiansen on the guitar. You can eat outside on the gorgeous patio with twinkling lights during the summer months.
Try to get reservations – unless you’d like to wait a while to be seated.
Le Nonne (Only open for dinner.)
129 N 100 E Logan, UT 84321
4 – Tandoori Oven
You might turn your nose up to Tandoori Oven because it’s located next to a gas station, but it’s arguably one of the best Logan restaurants and another of my son’s favorites.
And Tandoori Oven has been featured on Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives, just like Herm’s Inn mentioned above. (Guy Fieri tried the Chicken Tikka Masala.)
Tandoori is a style of Indian cooking based on the use of a clay pot or tandoor. Meats are marinated in a spicy rub and cooked in the smoky heat of the clay pot. It results in food that melts in your mouth.
Dishes to try:
- Vegetable Samosas – stuffed with potatoes, green peas, herbs, and spices
- Shrimp Kurma – onions, cashew nuts, golden raisins, cream and curry spices
- Lamb Tikka Masala – tender chunks of lamb marinated in yogurt and spices, grilled in tandoori oven
- Baygan Bathara – roasted eggplant cooked with green peas, onions, cream, herbs, and spices
They also have homemade lassi, beer, and wine. (Lassi is made with their in-house yogurt combined with fresh fruit like mangoes and strawberries.)
Below is the Lamb Tikka Masala with Naan that I had on my visit there. The masala was so good I licked the bowl. (No shame here!)
My husband loved trying Indian beer. He appreciated that they chilled the glass for him.
720 E 1000 N Logan, UT 84321
5 – Chugz
You’ll love all the creative drink choices at Chugz! They offer fountain drinks with all kinds of mix-ins like the Jack Black, which is Mountain Dew with a pear shot and a blackberry shot or the Campfire, which is root beer with a marshmallow shot.
They also have bubble smoothies, fruit smoothies, corn dogs, chicken strips, cookies, and ice cream treats. No one’s leaving hungry here!
Menu items to try:
- Muddy Dr. Pepper – Dr. Pepper, coconut shot & fresh lime
- Purple Paradise Bubble Smoothie – with Bobas or Juice Poppers
- Footlong Corn Dog & Fries – yes, that corn dog is as long as your shoe
- Toasted Marshmallow Gourmet Hot Chocolate – with White Chocolate Chips
1114 Main St Suite 110, Logan, UT 84341
6 – Aggie Ice Cream
If you’re visiting Logan, getting Aggie Ice Cream is a no-brainer. It’s the best ice cream in Utah (in my opinion) and affiliated with Utah State University. Students in the Food Science program at USU get to learn the art of ice cream-making, and you get to buy it!
Clear back in 1888, the creamery began by making cheese and butter. In the early 1900s, the ice cream making began when Prof. Wilster taught his ice cream-making skills to the students in the School of Agriculture. His students would go on to help found Casper’s Ice Cream, Farr Better Ice Cream, and Snelgrove Ice Cream.
The Aggie Creamery can be crowded but is well worth the trip. Try to go during non-peak hours.
Ice Cream Flavors to try:
- Blue Mint – their most popular flavor, it has a blue color with a soft mint flavor
- True Aggie Night – vanilla ice cream with raspberry swirl, dark chocolate hearts filled with raspberry jelly (celebrates becoming a “True Aggie“)
- Aggie Bull Tracks – chocolate ice cream with caramel swirl and Reese’s peanut butter cup pieces
- Lemon Custard – bright yellow ice cream with a soft custard base and lemon flavor
750 N 1200 E, Logan, UT 84321
7 – The Beehive Grill
My family loved eating at The Beehive Grill the last time we were in Logan. It’s a casual grill with an American menu that includes homemade gelato, microbrews & root beer.
There’s plenty of seating here, which makes this an excellent place for a work party or other large gathering. It worked equally well for a cozy lunch with the family.
You have got to try the house-made gelato. My kids loved it!
Menu items to try:
- House Breaded Boneless Wings – with cherry pepper slaw and spicy wing sauce
- The Hive Club – thin-sliced smoked turkey, ham, bacon, lettuce, tomato, onion and aioli on grilled sourdough bread
- Baby Back Pork Ribs – slow-smoked and seasoned with our original malt rub, then glazed with our house-made BBQ sauce served with your choice of fries or onion rings
- Thai Chicken Pasta – chicken, carrots, red pepper tossed with Thai curry-peanut sauce, fresh cucumber salad, and candied peanuts.
- House-Made Gelato – 12 daily flavors
The Beehive Grill
255 S Main St, Logan, UT 84321
8 – Jack’s Wood Fired Oven
500 google reviews will tell you that Jack’s Wood Fired Oven is one of the best pizza places in Logan.
What you’ll notice right away are the unique flavor combinations. For instance, the Pig and the Peach Pizza come with fresh mozzarella, huckleberries, prosciutto, and thyme finished with Chipotle peach syrup and Asiago.
Other interesting yet tantalizing wood-fired pizzas include:
- Bleu Cheese BLT – mozzarella, tomato, bacon, bleu cheese topped with a green salad and bleu cheese dressing
- Thaiphoon – mozzarella, Sriracha chicken, red pepper, sweet onion, crushed peanuts, basil, and Thai peanut sauce
- Bird and the Bees – mozzarella, huckleberry chicken, honey, huckleberries, thyme, and Asiago
Jack’s Wood Fired Oven
256 Main St, Logan, UT 84321
9 – Cafe Sabor
Cafe Sabor is a vibrant Mexican bistro in a former train station, dishing out gourmet burritos, tacos & even plates of pasta.
They are known for their giant fajitas, burritos, and delicious salsa, but don’t forget to try the horchata or Bear Lake Margarita, which are also excellent.
Be sure to enjoy the outdoor dining area in the summer.
Menu items to try:
- Steak Fajitas – onions, peppers, zucchini, rice, beans, guacamole, sour cream, cheese, and pico de gallo
- Tequila Lime Pasta – peppers, onions, mushrooms, and zucchini tossed in a tangy lime Alfredo sauce.
- Mango Shrimp – shrimp and mushrooms cooked with garlic and butter and tossed in a mango citrus sauce
- Steak Picado – Sirloin steak strips sautéed with onions, tomatoes, jalapenos, and garlic.
600 W Center St, Logan, UT 84321
10 – The Aggie Chocolate Factory
The Aggie Chocolate Factory offers many chocolate delights from candy bars to hot cocoa.
The best part is that you’ll get to watch the entire chocolate-making process in action, including the bean sorting, grinding, roasting, tempering, and molding of the chocolate.
The factory serves as a laboratory for Food Sciences majors as well as a research facility for the confectionery industry. It sounds like a fun field of research to be in, right?!
Menu items to try (although their offerings change):
- Chocolate Eclairs
- Chocolate Cake
- Chocolate Mousse
- Frozen Hot Chocolate
Aggie Chocolate Factory
1111 N 800 E #140, Logan, UT 84341
11 – MayMoes
You’ll love the classic southern cooking at Maymoes, including Cajun treasures like Red Beans, Rice, and Jumbalaya.
Chef Jason Davis named the restaurant after his daughter, who would pronounce the word tomatoes as “maymoes” when she was little. Hence, the name of the restaurant.
Jason has 30 years of experience as a chef and loves that he gets to share his Louisiana-style cooking with Utah.
Menu items to try:
- Pulled Pork Poboy – Slow Cooked Pork Butt with sweet BBQ sauce, Onions and Pickles
- Voodoo Peach Rolls
- Shrimp and Grits – cooked with a chicken stock cheese sauce covered with shrimp in a creamy bacon jalapeno sauce
- Shrimp Grilled Cheese – Three cheese blend with spicy shrimp, herbs and more
981 S, Main St Ste 170, Logan, UT 84321
12 – Evan Stephens Sandwiches
Housed in a cool 100-year-old historic building on Main Street in downtown Logan, Even Stevens offers casual food with flavor and flair like the Potato and Yam Hash, which comes with red quinoa, spinach, and white cheddar.
They offer breakfast, lunch, and dinner, but breakfast is available all day, so you’ll be able to eat their tantalizing Chicken and Waffles anytime you want.
Other menu items to try:
- Pot Roast Dip Sandwich – succulent turkey pot roast, swiss, red onion, jalapeno jelly on sourdough with a side of au jus.
- Hummazing Vegan Sandwich – roasted red pepper hummus, slow-roasted tomato spread, avocado, tomatoes, cucumbers, red onion, arugula, house vin on wheat ciabatta
- Maple Apple Pecan Salad – spinach, green apples, roasted chicken, pecans, feta, sundried cranberries, maple vin
- Beer Cheese and Pretzel Bread
Evan Stephens Sandwiches
131 Main St, Logan, UT 84321
13 – Morty’s Cafe
Morty’s Cafe serves fast-casual food at their location near Utah State University.
You can dine there or grab and go, but I especially like their roof-top tables where you can enjoy a fantastic view of the valley while you eat.
My family has eaten here a few times and always loves it.
Menu items to try:
- Hawaiian Burger – pepper jack cheese, lettuce, pineapple relish, bacon, jalapenos, Korean BBQ, chipotle mayo
- Kimchi Burger – Korean Kimchi, pickled carrots, Korean BBQ sauce, Sriracha mayo, cheese
- Portobello Garden Burger – portobello mushroom, fresh garden herbs, lettuce, tomatoes, caramelized onions, pesto mayo
- Salted Peanut Butter Milkshake – creamy salted peanut butter, whipped cream, peanut brittle crumble
780 E 700 N, Logan, UT 84321
14 – Crumbl
The Crumbl Cookie store features amazingly delicious cookies in cute, pink boxes. Just looking at the box will make you happy, so wait until you try the soft, chewy treasure inside.
You can even have these delicious treasures delivered to someone you love. Can you imagine how happy you’d make someone’s day? You could turn your worst enemies into your BFFs in no time.
Flavors change regularly, but current flavors include:
- Pastel M&M
- German Chocolate Cake
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip
- Carrot Cake
- Chilled Sugar Cookie
1309 Main St, Logan, UT 84341
15 – Fredrico’s Pizza
Whenever we visit Logan, we have a tradition of eating at Fredrico’s Pizza. It’s one of our favorite pizza places in Logan. We love the lunch special where you get a 6-inch pizza with a green salad and garlic bread.
Watching the magical toaster churn out the garlic toast one piece after another is fun. I think it may be the same toaster that was there when I went to USU many moons ago.
Fredrico’s is located near USU’s campus and at the mouth of Logan Canyon, so it’s the perfect place to eat before heading out for a day of hiking. Or, grab a pizza and head to First Dam, where you can watch the ducks while you dine.
Menu items to try:
- Canadian Bacon & Pineapple Calzone – onion, black olive, mushroom, mozzarella, and pizza sauce
- Baked Pasta Alfredo – penne pasta with four cheese, chicken, veggies, and alfredo sauce
- Combination Pizza – mushrooms, onions, green peppers, olives, one meat
- Lunch Special – 6-inch pizza with one topping, tossed green salad, garlic bread
1349 E 700 N, Logan, UT 84321
16 – Sissa’s Brazilian Kitchen
Sissa’s Brazilian Kitchen is authentic Brazilian food and the locals LOVE it!
They have fantastic Brazilian appetizers like Cixinhas, Kibe, and Pao De Queijo.
Popular main dishes include, Feijoada, and the Kabob Meal.
Desserts include, Churros, Beijinhos, and Pudim.
Everything on the menu here is fantastic, but here are a few of the must-try items:
- Pao De Queijo – Brazilian cheese bread
- Chicken Combo Meal – (pictured above) served with rice, house beans, and farofa.
- Grilled Steak Meal – served with rice, beans, and farofa
Sissa’s Brazilian Kitchen
50 W 400 S, Logan, UT 84321
17 – Angie’s
Angie’s Restaurant is a must-visit diner in Logan! It’s super popular with the college crowd, but everyone I know in Logan loves it. My son says it’s cozy, and the staff is friendly. We have family that eat here once a week.
They serve home-cooked American food, including many diner favorites like omelets, custom burgers, and skillets.
Menu items to try:
- Crispy Chicken Salad – tossed green salad, crispy chicken, cheese, hard-boiled egg, olives, and tomatoes
- Pot Roast – oven-roasted beef topped with hot brown gravy
- Tomato Florentine with Meatball Soup
- French Toast Special – with two sausage links and two eggs, cooked your way
- 10 oz New York Steak and Eggs – tender and juicy hand-cut Angus New York steak charbroiled to perfection
690 Main St, Logan, UT 84321
18 – Caffe Ibis
Caffe Ibis is a local roasting company that sells coffee all over the U.S.
This artsy coffee shop is located in downtown Logan on Federal Avenue. You can buy a cup of coffee here or buy the in-house roasted beans in bulk in all their varieties. They also have a cafe with sandwiches, soups, and salads. You can enjoy live music on the weekends.
Coffee flavors to try:
- Highlander Grogg – tasting notes of molasses, chocolate, graham cracker
- Quetzal – tasting notes of roasted almonds, caramel, dark chocolate
- Moab Trail – tasting notes of brown sugar, candied orange, cocoa
- Mexican Chiapas – tasting notes of citrus, chocolate, honey
52 Federal Ave, Logan, UT 84321
19 – Bluebird Candy Co.
When you step inside this classic candy shop, you’ll find several varieties of hand-dipped chocolate, old-fashioned candy, and hand-dipped ice cream.
Bluebird Candy Co. has been making chocolate and candies for over 100 years, and they are sold all over Utah in restaurants and gift shops.
Bluebird chocolates and treats to try:
- Chocolate Turtles – pecans and cashews dipped in milk, dark and white chocolate
- Merry Widows – sugary cream coated candy with a caramel pecan center placed on a bed of chopped pecans
- O’Aggie Bar – a delicious filling of crunchy brazil nuts and caramel covered in chocolate.
- Mint Fudge Bar – creamy mint fudge covered in chocolate
Bluebird Candy Co. is featured on our Cache Valley Food Outlet Tour.
Bluebird Candy Co. Factory Store
75 W. Center St. in Logan, UT
20 – Lucky Slice Pizza
I always love going to Lucky Slice Pizza, where one slice of pizza and a soda is plenty to fill you up. The service is fast, and the pizza is always fantastic.
All of their pizza varieties are delicious, but I especially love the Hawaiian and BBQ Chicken pizzas.
You can order more than just pizza by the slice; they also offer whole pizzas, wings, salads, and sweets.
Menu items to try:
- Blue Moon Pizza – red sauce, mozzarella, bacon, mushroom, onion, blue cheese
- Twilight Pizza – herbal sauce, mozzarella, green chilies, sausage, ricotta, basil
- Potato Pesto Pizza – creamy pesto sauce, mozzarella, roasted potatoes, garlic, sun-dried tomato, caramelized onion
- Zeppoles – morsels of fried dough tossed in cinnamon sugar and served with caramel sauce
Lucky Slice Pizza
64 Federal Ave, Logan, UT 84321
21 – Crumb Brothers Artisan Bread
Crumb Brother’s has casual food with an artisan quality. When they bring your food out, you’ll feel like you’re being presented with a work of art.
The dining area is cozy, hip, and spacious. They even have shelves of books available to read while you enjoy your food.
Many people say you can’t get a better sandwich than what Crumb Brother’s offers. Others drive for miles just to pick up a loaf of fresh-baked bread.
Bread and pastries to try:
- Cruffin – a sweet & salty croissant muffin filled with house-made peach jam
- Lemon Scone
Menu items to try:
- Pork Belly Banh Mi
- Pesto Panini
- Japanese Vegetable Curry Soup
Crumb Brother’s Artisan Bread
291 S 300 W, Logan, UT 84321
22 – Casper’s Malt Shoppe
Casper’s Malt Shoppe is located about 15 minutes north of Logan in the town of Richmond, UT. It’s definitely worth the short trip up there.
They offer banana splits, shakes, sundaes, and cones with several different flavors of ice cream, toppings, and mix-ins.
They also sell Fat Boy Seconds, so prepare to stock up because they are the BEST ice cream treats around.
Casper’s Ice Cream is featured on our Cache Valley Food Outlet Tour.
Casper’s Malt Shoppe
11805 N 200 E Richmond, UT 84333
24 – Los Primos Mexican Restaurant
Los Primos is a Salvadorian restaurant just south of Logan. They feature menu items like gorditas, tortas and sopes.
Dona Mani is behind the mouth-watering food at this establishment. She was born in Mexico and has been cooking since she was ten years old. Her recipes have been passed down for many generations, which gives them their authentic flavor.
Must-try dishes include the Grilled Carne Asada with handmade tortillas, but here are some other great choices:
- Burrito Mojada – rice, beans, meat, and smothered in salsa and melted cheese
- Authentic Street Tacos – with cilantro, onion, fresh lime
- Birria – savory slow-cooked meat and broth served with homemade tortillas
- Steak Ranchero – Grilled carne asada, onions, and peppers
880 Main St Ste #160, Logan, UT 84321
25 – Center Street Grill
If you’re looking for the best burger in Cache Valley, Center Street Grill is the place to go. It’s an all-American diner with retro interior known for its burgers, onion rings, and thick-cut fries.
They pride themselves on their creative gourmet burgers like their namesake Center Street Burger but also offers soups, salads, sandwiches, and breakfast items.
Menu items to try:
- Blue Cheese Bacon Burger
- Green Chili Lime Burger
- Steak Philly Sandwich
- Crunchy French Toast
- Tomato Basil Soup
Center Street Grill
18 E Center St, Logan, UT 84321
26 – Swig
I love the drinks at Swig! They use different sodas as a base and add in all kinds of delicious flavors.
My favorite is the “Just Peachy” drink made with Coke Zero, lime, pineapple, peach puree, coconut, and cream..
They also serve cookies and pretzel bites that look totally tempting, but I haven’t tried them yet.
Thanks, Swig, for keeping my thirst quenched!
880 Main St, Logan, UT 84321
27 – Kabuki Japenese Steakhouse & Sushi Bar
If you’re looking for an unforgettable dining experience, you’ll love Kabuki Japenese Steakhouse.
They serve delicious sushi, steak, and chicken, and the hibachi experience is worth it. Just be sure to call ahead and reserve your table if you want to do the hibachi – it’s extremely popular and often fills up.
Trust me, you’ll love watching the chef prepare your meal right in front of you. And the food is excellent.
Soup, salad, rice, and your choice of meat come with the hibachi experience, so you definitely won’t leave hungry.
Kabuki Japenese Steakhouse & Sushi Bar
461 Main St, Logan, UT 84321
28 – The Eastside Coffee Company
I had an excellent breakfast at The Eastside Coffee Company. I started with a delicious cup of coffee and ordered the Avocado Toast.
The toast was crispy and had the perfect amount of avocado.
The views of the mountains from the restaurant are incredible. And I liked the cozy vibe of this coffee shop. It’s a fantastic place for friends to gather and hang out.
The Eastside Coffee Company
1341 E 700 N, Logan, UT 84321
29 – Temptation Cupcakes
Girl-time, date-time, and anytime is the perfect time to go to Temptation Cupcakes.
The cupcakes are not only beautiful works of art but equally tasty.
You’ll feel like you’re walking into a charming boutique when you enter Temptation Cupcakes, and it just gets better when you see and taste the offerings.
Flavors to try:
- Raspberry Lemonade
- Nutter Butter
- Pina Colada
- Lime Ricky
- Almond Joy
1010 Main St, Logan, UT 84341
After you get your delicious cupcakes, go for a photo op on the couch as my daughter and sister-in-law did!
Favorite Places To Stay In Logan, Utah
Comfort Inn & Suites
The Loft on Center Street
If you liked this post, CLICK the pin below to Pin it!