Welcome to my review of the Mokwheel Asphalt Ebike. I have the pleasure of owning the step-thru model in a striking purple color. With his handy skills, my husband found it easy to assemble, paving the way for my road tests.
In this review, I’ll share my honest thoughts, detailing what I like about this e-bike and any aspects that may deter you from purchasing it.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Overview of the Mokwheel Asphalt Ebike
Mowheel has designed the Asphalt model for daily commuting. It has a range of up to 50-60 miles, a sleek design, and is very comfortable to ride. It comes with a rear rack, torque sensor, and hydraulic suspension.
Even though it’s designed as a commuter bike, I’ve enjoyed riding it for exercise and fun. I’ve taken it on many greenway trails nearby, and it’s worked great on pavement, asphalt, and even dirt trails.
Below is my video review of the Mokwheel Asphalt Ebike, where I share my thoughts, good and bad, about the bike. (Spoiler alert: I love this bike, but I will point out any aspects that may deter someone from purchasing it.)
Here’s a quick summary of the pros and cons of the Mokwheel Asphalt Ebike.
Quick Pros of the Mokwheel Asphalt Ebike:
- Designed for Urban Commuting: The Asphalt is specifically tailored for city commuting, offering a smooth ride and long range of up to 60 miles.
- Powerful Torque Sensor: It includes a torque sensor that provides effective power output, enhancing your speed and distance capabilities while ensuring a smooth ride.
- Motor Efficiency: The 500W motor is highlighted for its efficiency, which boosts the bike’s range and pedal assistance.
- High Top Speed: The Asphalt can reach up to 28 mph, thanks to its high-grade components and aerodynamic design.
- Pedal Assist Levels: With 5 levels of pedal assist, the bike optimizes the riding experience, providing better speed control and acceleration.
- Helpful Accessories Included: The bike comes with many accessories that other ebikes don’t include, including a full front fender, rear rack, bell, front and back lights, and tire pump.
- Affordable Accessory Packages: Mokwheel offers several affordable accessory packages when you purchase an ebike. These packages are an absolute steal.
- Side Frame Lights: The Asphalt has lights on the frame near the tires, a unique safety feature not many e-bikes have.
- 2-Year Warranty: Mokwheel provides a 2-year warranty on the Asphalt, indicating confidence in their product’s durability and quality.
- Attractive Design: The bike has a sleek design with a hidden battery. It comes in several appealing colors.
- Available in Step-Thru & Non-Step-Thru Models: I have the step-thru model and like how easy it is to get on and off.
- Fits Tall Riders: The Non-Step Thru Model will fit riders up to 6’6″, accommodating taller bikers. Not many ebikes will fit riders this tall.
- Front Suspension: This is another feature that not all commuter ebikes have. This will make your ride smoother and more enjoyable.
- Comes With High-Quality Tools: My husband was impressed with the quality of tools included to assemble the bike. They stood out from the mediocre tools that have come with other ebikes we own.
- Affordable Price: The Mokwheel Asphalt is a great price, especially when you factor in all the features it comes with. It sells for under $2,000 but check current price here.
Quick Cons Of The Mokweel Asphalt Ebike:
- Weight: The bike weighs around 60 pounds. This is average for a commuter ebike, but if you need a lighter bike, you may want to consider a cruiser ebike like the Aventon Pace 500.
- Riders Under 5’2 May Not Feel Comfortable: Neither the step-thru model nor non-step-thru model accommodates riders under 5’2″.
Owning the Asphalt eBike by Mokwheel has been a lot of fun for me. While it’s designed as a commuter bike, I’ve found it perfect for leisurely cruising and exercise.
Reasons To Purchase The Mokwheel Asphalt Ebike
I love the sleek design. The hidden battery gives the bike a more streamlined, traditional look while still packing the power and efficiency of an electric model. I chose the vibrant purple color, just one of the appealing options Mokwheel offers. I own the step-thru model, which makes it easy to get on and off, especially if riding in a skirt or dress.
Comes With Several Accessories
The inclusion of numerous accessories further enhances the value of this bike. From the practical rear rack and full front fender to the safety-oriented bell and front and back lights, Mokwheel has thought of almost everything. Even the seat it comes with is comfortable, a rarity in e-bikes where I’ve often needed to replace the seat for something more comfortable.
My husband also noticed right away that the tools sent to assemble the bike were of good quality. This made it easier for him to put the bike together.
This ebike also boasts features that set it apart from others, like the front suspension that ensures a smoother ride and the unique side frame lights, adding an extra safety layer. The smooth ride is further enhanced by the torque sensor, front suspension, and five levels of power assist.
Additionally, the rear rack, bell, and lights are not common in all ebikes, making the Asphalt a more complete package right out of the box.
Fits Tall Riders
Another highlight of this bike is its ability to accommodate tall riders. The large size in the non-step-thru model fits riders up to 6’6″, a feature hard to find in other electric bikes.
The Mokwheel Asphalt Ebike is a great value in the commuter ebike market. It’s not only affordable but also comes with extra features that you might not find on other ebikes.
These include lights at the front and back for safety, and even side lights for better visibility from the sides.
It also has a bell, adding to its convenience for city or trail riding. All these features make the Mokwheel Asphalt a smart choice for anyone looking for a feature-packed ebike without spending too much.
The Accessory Packages are Amazing!
One of the coolest aspects of purchasing from Mokwheel is their affordable accessory packages.
The accessory package I chose included the most comfortable seat I’ve ever sat on, a suspension seat post, saddle bags, a phone mount, a helmet, water bottle holder, rearview mirrors, bike cover, front basket, and folding lock – all worth over $600, but available for less than $200.
I’ve had to tighten the rearview mirrors several times to keep them in place. Other than that, I was impressed by the quality of the Mokwheel-branded accessories. They are not cheap off-the-shelf components. Trust me, this is a steal!
This accessory package made it easy for me to enjoy the bike from day one.
I’ve tried many ebike accessories over the years. Read my post about the best ebike accessories to pick out the best ones for your bike.
Reasons To Not Purchase Mokwheel Asphalt
There are, however, a couple of minor drawbacks to this ebike that you may want to consider before purchasing.
Weight of Ebike Is Around 60 Pounds
The bike weighs around 60 pounds, this is comparable to other commuter ebikes, but heavier than some cruiser models like the Aventon Pace 500.
But, for me, the front suspension, which contributes to the weight, is a feature worth the extra pounds. It provided a remarkably smooth ride on my favorite bumpy boardwalk trail.
The frame is built well and has a solid feel, making any added weight worthwhile. I would only consider a lighter bike if you need to lift the bike frequently.
Doesn’t Fit Riders Under 5’2″
Another note is that according to Mokwheel’s website, the Asphalt Model may not be suitable for riders under 5’2″.
Aside from these considerations, I found no other significant reasons not to recommend this bike.
The Mokwheel Asphalt eBike stands out as an excellent choice for both practical commuting and enjoyable leisure rides.
Its combination of design, functionality, and value, along with the incredible accessory packages, makes it a top contender in the ebike market.
Do you own the Mokwheel Asphalt or any other bike? Let me know your experiences in the comments.
And feel free to ask me anything about the bike in the comments. I’ll give you my honest answer.
If you like this post, CLICK IT to pin it!